Senior Vice President for Student Affairs
July 21, 2020 Update: Toyia Younger is named the next senior vice president for student affairs
The search committee has identified four finalists for the position. In order to prioritize health and safety due to COVID-19, there will be no on-campus visits; all interviews will be held online. Virtual interviews for the candidates are scheduled for the following dates:
- Candidate 1 – June 29 and July 1
- Candidate 2 – June 30 and July 2
- Candidate 3 – July 6 and July 8
- Candidate 4 – July 7 and July 9
Please note there will be one day in between virtual interviews to allow for rest and an opportunity to focus on competing priorities.
Below is the schedule for making public the name of each finalist. At the time indicated, the candidate’s name, CV, interview itinerary, and link to access virtual campus forum will be posted on this webpage.
- 3 p.m., Friday, June 26 – announce Candidate 1
- 9 a.m., Monday, June 29 – announce Candidate 2
- 3 p.m., Thursday, July 2 – announce Candidate 3 (note, Friday, July 3, is a university holiday)
- 9 a.m., Monday, July 6 – announce Candidate 4
Candidates will participate in a virtual open forum with students, faculty, staff, and stakeholders on the second day of their visit.
Open forums (1-1:45 p.m.)
Watch recordings of each of the open forums here
- Candidate 1 – Wednesday, July 1
- Candidate 2 – Thursday, July 2
- Candidate 3 – Wednesday, July 8
- Candidate 4 – Thursday, July 9
These forums will also be recorded and made available after the candidate visits have concluded.
Participants are encouraged to submit an online feedback form after each candidate's open forum.
- Tera Jordan, assistant provost for faculty development
- Charles Small, senior associate athletics director for student services
- Vanessa Baker-Latimer, housing department, city of Ames
- Pete Englin, residence department/student affairs administration
- Eleanor Field, Graduate and Professional Student Senate
- Morgan Fritz, Student Government
- Bill Graves, Graduate College dean's office
- Chris Hanes, student counseling services
- Carrie Jacobs, public safety department
- Kenyatta Shamburger, multicultural student affairs
- Ann Smiley, kinesiology department
- Toni Sleugh (undergraduate), dean of students office
- Reg Stewart, office of diversity and inclusion
- Jennifer Suchan, office of the registrar
- Sriram Sundararajan, College of Engineering dean's office
- Brian Vanderheyden, student wellness
Megan Peterson, administrative specialist in the provost's office, will provide committee support.