Committee to Establish Principles on Renaming
President Wintersteen announces committee to establish principles on renaming.
In recognition of Iowa State University's commitment to research and factual evidence, academic freedom, and intellectual inquiry, the university charges the committee to develop a policy to ensure a consistent, evidence-based, and historically thoughtful means by which to evaluate historical naming and honors. This policy will strive to provide integrity, consistency, and clarity to the process in order for these principles to endure. When the committee completes this policy, a formal process will exist for the investigation of renaming issues.
Last updated Nov. 25, 2020. This webpage is no longer active but is available for archival purposes.
- Carol Faber, Faculty Senate President and Associate Professor of Graphic Design
- Reginald Stewart, Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion
- LeQuetia Ancar, Assistant Director of Engineering Student Services and Director, Multicultural Student Success, College of Engineering
- Sebastian Braun, Associate Professor, Department of World Languages and Cultures
- Joseph Cheatle, Director, Writing and Media Center, Dean of Students Office
- Simon Cordery, Chair, Department of History
- Paula Deangelo, Deputy Counsel, Office of University Counsel
- Kurt Earnest, Associate Director of Residence Life, Student Engagement and Academic Excellence, Department of Residence
- Simon Estes, Adjunct Professor, Department of Music and Theatre
- Eleanor Field, President, Graduate and Professional Student Senate
- Morgan Fritz, President, Student Government
- Monica Gordillo, Associate Teaching Professor, Department of Management
- Daniel Hartwig, Head, Special Collections and University Archives, University Library
- Gloria Jones-Johnson, University Professor, Department of Sociology
- Maggie LaWare, Associate Professor, Department of English
- Sheryl Rippke, Policy Administrator, University Counsel
- Samarth Vachhrajani, Senior in Architecture, College of Design
- Amy Ward, Past President, Professional & Scientific Council, and Learning Technologies Coordinator, Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching
- Ross Wilburn, Associate Program Director and Extension and Outreach Diversity Consultant, ISU Extension and Outreach Community and Economic Development
- Brian Meyer, Associate Director for Strategic Communications, Strategic Relations and Communications (ex-officio)