Office of the President
News from the Office of the President
Additional news and notes can be found under the Messages tab
Presidential search committee
The Board of Regents announced April 20 the 21-member search committee that will be charged with identifying finalists to serve as the 16th president of Iowa State.
President Leath announces resignation, will become president of Auburn University
In a March 20 email to campus, President Leath announced his plans to leave Iowa State to take over the presidency at Auburn University.
Updated: April 26, 2017
Points of Pride
- Educational Excellence: Iowa State marks 100 years of continuous accreditation.
- Student experience: Fall 2016 enrollment set a new record of 36,660 – marking the eighth consecutive year of record enrollment.
- Serve more Iowa students (20,713) than any other institution
- Majority of students in 74 of Iowa’s 99 counties attend ISU
- First-year retention rate increased to 88.1%
- Six-year graduation rate increased to 74.1%
- >50% of graduates earn degrees in STEM fields
- 95% placement rate for graduating seniors
- 1 in 3 Iowa State students graduates with zero debt
- Diversity and Inclusion: Record number of international and U.S. multicultural students, totaling nearly 24 percent of the student body. Reintroduced Principles of the Iowa State Community
- Research and scholarship: $425.8 million in external funding in FY16, 12% increase in research funding. Four faculty members elected to the National Academies in the past two years.
- Economic development: Grand opening of Iowa State's Economic Development Core Facility, the cornerstone of the ISU Research Park's, Phase 3 expansion and a gateway to the Cultivation Corridor. The Association of Public and Land-grant Universities designates Iowa State an Innovation and Economic Prosperity University.
- Fundraising and development: Moving Students Forward initiative reaches $200 million goal for student support and scholarships a full year ahead of schedule. Forever True, For Iowa State, Iowa State's largest comprehensive fundraising campaign, is launched with a goal to raise $1.1 billion by June 30, 2020.
- Extension and Outreach: Programs impact more than 1 million Iowans annually with offices in all 99 counties.
- Alumni: More than 242,000 Iowa State alumni live in nearly 150 countries; 100,223 live in Iowa.
- Great value: Iowa State named best college in Iowa for providing high quality education at an affordable price. Iowa State recognized as one of the most efficiently run universities in the country.
- Campus Beautification: 5th most beautiful campus in the world.
- Community: Ames is the best college town in the country.