Office of the President
Assistant to the President
The assistant to the president is responsible for:
- Handling presidential appearance requests.
- Managing the president's schedule and travel.
- Serving as university transparency officer.
- Coordinating presidential and special events.
To request the president's appearance, please thoroughly complete the request form at least 30 days prior to your event.
Assistant to the President for Communications
The assistant to the president for communications is responsible for:
- Producing speeches, presentations, internal and external correspondence, and other items of communication for the president.
- Overseeing all formal communications from the Office of the President.
- Managing the Office of the President website.
- Coordinating annual presidential events.
Office of University Relations
Director, News Service
The Office of University Relations includes:
- News Service: Coordinates media relations, disseminates news
- Internal Communications: Publishes faculty/staff newspaper (Inside Iowa State) and email (Inside Update); manages top levels of university website; maintains online events calendar; and posts faculty/staff and student announcements
- Photography: Provides on-location and studio shots for members of the university community
- Videography: Produces original video content about university news, activities and events